So, when I told my husband this story after work, he exclaimed "why do these kinds of things always happen to you?" I was totally hoping for some sympathy after all I had been through, but that's all I got. So it had been a busy day and I was running out the door again. I had volunteered at Libby's school and there had been treats. So Cadie had eaten treats. And she was thirsty. Now, let me preface this with Cadie had decided to potty train back in the summer and was doing a great job until she decided she didn't want to anymore. During those few weeks of little to no accidents, we signed her up for dance classes. You have to be potty trained to go to dance class. No problem, until she decides she doesn't want to be a big girl anymore. So she's kind of in between being potty trained and not. So she drank a lot today - and usually on dance class days I don't let her drink anything too close to dance class and make her go pee before we go and she's been fine-accident free. Well, today I forgot and she drank and then actually took herself to the bathroom a good hour before dance class starts so when it's time to leave and she doesn't have to go I started freaking out - I could just see and accident coming so... this is where it gets embarrassing - you have to realize I was sleep deprived and in a rush to get out the door and just wasn't thinking, anyway, I knew I couldn't put a diaper on her under her skin-tight ballet leotard because then they'd KNOW she wasn't fully potty trained so I thought hey, I'll put her in panties and just slip in one of those thin maxi-pads in there and then maybe if there is a little accident it won't be too bad? again, I don't know what I was thinking. After class, the teacher calls me over. I have bad luck with teachers. They're always calling me over. I know, I'm a teacher, too. I don't get it. So, this teacher tells me that Cadie asked to go to the bathroom during class. And asked for help. Then she just raised her eyebrows at me. Sooo embarrassing! I just thanked her and left really fast. There was no explanation that could have explained why my two year old was wearing a pad...
I'm still laughing....Julie...that is the funniest story in the world....seriously...I can't stop laughing...am I even typing properly?? That is HILARIOUS!!! Haha! I love it!
ReplyDeletehaha!!!
hahhahahah!!!
Cadie was wearing a pad to her dance class...
hahahaha!!!!!
Oh Julie, you'll bury us all!
Love Kristin
oh.my.gosh!
ReplyDeleteI'm dying laughing!!! DYING!!!!
I so needed a good laugh this morning! Thank you! :) The halloween post & this post are the funniest things I've read in a long time! I can just see these little kids in costumes barely being able to walk, bumping into eachother, falling down, & "help, I can't get up." Oh, man never a dull moment is there. Love it!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. That is such a great story! Thanks for sharing it! I think I'll laugh for a while! :-)
ReplyDeleteToo too funny and really embarassing. So sorry you had that akward moment. Way to be creative though!
ReplyDelete