So I'm blogging this simply because the house is still in showing mode and I don't want to drag out the scrapbooks from boxes in the basement but I want to remember this. We've been having crazy tons of fun lately - I had a great time at YW's camp - and my family did survive without me! We just got back from Lethbridge - and this feels like the bazillionth trip this summer without a DVD player - the kids are getting so good at amusing themselves in the van. However, today was an exception. We had gone swimming at the new swimming pool in Raymond and they all fell asleep on the 20 min drive back to lethbridge. This is bad because a short nap like that just makes them more grumpy and complicates bed times later one. So at 8:30 on the way back to calgary they are still awake and whining like crazy "I'm hungry" being the loudest. So I did what any good mom would do - I made up a game called "eating food." We had to guess two different kinds of food and then smoosh them together and pretend to eat them. We had so much fun until Corey decided to turn off his whine-drowner (Ipod) and join in. His first mix was steak with cottage cheese. When Libby was trying to guess "what comes from a cow" she guessed milk and corey said "no, a kind of meat" Libby laughed her head off and almost crying she was laughing so hard "who ever heard of a cow making meat!"
Oh that is hilarious Julie! So glad you wrote this down. Where are you planning to move when your home sells?
ReplyDelete