Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bacon






Mmm, well those of you who know me well, might have heard about my bacon - it's a sort of wiggle/dance/tantrum thing that I do when I am frustrated. I can't remember how it started but it really does help to relieve the tension by doing a bacon instead of getting mad. I never realized until today that the majority of my bacon's have been on my husband - my kids witnessed their first bacon today and when Corey remarked "oh, Mommy's bringing out the bacon" Cadie's eyes got big and she did her own little dance - only her's was a dance of excitement as she thought we were going to eat bacon. Libby and Cadie were both in tears when they had to go to bed without any bacon. Besides the lack of bacon, we have had a wonderful few months since my last post! We went swimming to the wave pool today - Libby and Cadie are little fish - swimming in and over and under all the waves! But when asked what the highlight of the day was, it was the candy apples - my first attempt - they were delicious but difficult to eat. Another highlight - we just finished reading the online kid's version of the book of mormon - the kids and I read from it every night and we have set a goal to read it on all 4 reading difficulty levels (we only completed level 1). Cadie started taking piano lessons this september. I was hesitant to start her at only 3 yrs. old but she was so enthusiastic after watching countless lessons and her sister practice, I couldn't refuse. So glad we started! She's amazing me everyday as she begs to play the next song in the book - in only a few weeks she's played every song in the first book and my level B book was lent out and she wanted to play more so I let her play out of Libby's book and she just loved it! Libby is enjoying Kindergarten again this year - and we are all happy with our decision to have her repeat kindergarten - even though she is so advanced academically it is so nice to see how well she is behaving and all the new friends she is playing with. David is also well - we rarely call him David anymore - mostly just "Buh" as that is pretty much all he says. He still spazzes regularly but when he's happy he is so much fun to be with! Our last highlight - Corey finally finishes his degree in a few more days! We can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see an update! Umm, as for the bacon, my kids totally do it, but i've never tried it...i think i might! :) So happy everything's going great up there! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!!! I'm so proud of Cadie and Libby and of course, David...or should I say 'buh'?? :D

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete