Monday, November 29, 2010

straight to bed!


Well, for a few years now I have been acutely aware that my "task-oriented" tendencies need to be tempered for me to become a better mom. And I have been trying my very best to be more "relationship-oriented." I realized today I still have a long way to go! Every monday I try to clean the house - I find if I can get it all done then the rest of the week I can relax and focus more on building relationships rather than all of the little tasks that pile up that I have such a hard time NOT doing. So I bribed Libby today - I told her I would do her chores for her if she took care of David and Cadie for me so I could go into work mode and just get stuff done. She happily accepted. (she loves being the boss of cadie and david) So shortly after lunch I sent them upstairs to play while I mopped and vacuumed. I was pleasantly surprised at the occasional happy sound from the kids playing so well together upstairs when I went to clean my bathroom. Libby had stripped Cadie and David, bathed them (including shampooing their hair - there were remnants in Cadie's) gotten clean PJ's and books out for them, and was telling them she would read TWO bedtime stories to them for having such good behaviour. Haha, it's always a struggle for me to get them to bed but my five year old managed to do a great job of it - at one o'clock in the afternoon none-the-less! I went with it and let them stay in their PJ's for the rest of the day - despite strange looks from my piano students. We even had breakfast food for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, I didn't know you had a blog. I found it through someone else's! Such a cute story, does she want to come over here and put my kid lets to bed too! We had breakfast for dinner too! Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete