Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Libby and Cadie!

So happy my girls are growing up together - that they have each other and love spending time together (most of the time!)  They had a fun joint birthday party this year - jungle themed - I tried so hard to get them to have a party at a place that wasn't our house - any place - with me working since november this year I didn't think I'd have time to throw a fantastic birthday party at home but they both really had their hearts set on it so we did it and I'm so glad we did - it actually was fantastic!  We borrowed a bouncy castle that barely fit in our basement,



we set up a face painting booth (that Mya helped out with) we had a pizza making table, a crafts table, goodie bag decorating, a photo booth - corey got some really funny shots! and cake of course - which I am never making again - girls requested chocolate and angel food so I slaved over both and then come party time they DIDNT EVEN EAT their own birthday cake!! (actually I made libby eat a piece.  Literally forced her to...)













 After presents we played glow in the dark hide and seek - super fun!  There were about 25 girls and one boy here and wow everyone got along so


 well - not one tear or fight or anything - such sweet friends!  You can see our "bravery wall" in the background of one of the pictures - Liberty has been going to a child psychologist to help her feel less anxious about certain things and she has come such a long way.  She is developing excellent self-talk skills and is trying new things and coping with fears without complaint - so proud of her!  She also performed amazingly at the kiwanis festival - doll on a music box and gypsy rover.  She has been enjoying reading the Harry Potter series - although they are getting a bit scary and dark - she's started sleeping all huddled up under her covers!



 Cadie is happy and cheerful as always - she started violin lessons this october and is doing really well - also started voice lessons this jan and is able to sing beautiful duets with Libby already - both girls have perfect pitch and anything musical comes naturally to them!  Cadie is so lucky it seems like pretty much everything comes naturally to her - she took a few months of gymnastics and did awesome, wants to take dance and gymnastics and acting and more music classes but we just don't have time for everything - I wish we could offer her everything and I'm sure she would do so well at everything, too!  She always seems to have lots of friends and does so well in school.
Kid Quotes:
Libby: Mom, I know all about your secret boyfriend...
Mom:  what are you talking about?
Cadie:  Donald.
Libby: Yes!  Donald.  He's 93 and you want to kiss him!
(they have been bugging me since the summer about Donald.  Apparently he's imaginary but he shows up everywhere because I"m so in love with him)

Mom:  what do you want to be when you grow up?
David:  a alien.... or a guy that eats everything.

Libby: Can you believe I'm almost 9?  Sometimes it feels like Im growing in slow motion!
Cadie: (looking up at her big sister) Sometimes it feels like I'm not growing at all!

I came home from stake conference at 8:30 and all the lights were out - I found Corey asleep in our bed, Libby asleep in her bed and then I went to check on Cadie.  I couldn't find her anywhere!  I walked into David's room and found him with his eyes wide open looking right at me.  When he saw me he said "pichooo pichooo" like he was shooting a gun - I said "pichoo" back but got no reaction at all - I went closer and realized he was fast asleep with his eyes open - so creepy!!  I was getting worried about Cadie so I kept looking and finally saw some toes peeking out of our laundry basket - piled high with blankets - and a little cadie snuggled up - almost completely buried inside!

Cadie:  I always use a capital letter at the beginning of my sentences.  Unless its an F.  Then I use a little f.  Because it looks like a candy cane.  How could I not?

Cadie:  HOLY CREPE!

Cadie: David since you don't have a stuffed animal you can snuggle with my hair.  See how long and comfy it is??

David (who still says "whobody?" at least once a day) was eating salmon at supper time and found a bone - very excited: "mom mom mom is this a wish bone!?"
mom: yes that's a fish bone.
david: yipee!!  (runs away from the table)
a few mins later he finds another one - "yay another wish bone!!"
mom: david those are fish bones
david:i know!!  wish bones!!! (he runs away again)
mom: where do you keep going?
david: I put the wish bones under my pillow!  Maybe the tooth fairy will come and I can make a wish?
(ewwwww)

mom: (during scripture study) cadie pay attention!
Cadie: Don't worry mom I don't really have to listen now because I will read the scriptures to my own kids when Im a mom!

Libby: Kids don't even care how fat their daddies are - they just love them no matter what!
Cadie: Yah, I know.  And I even love mom even though she's hairy like a croissant!

During family home evening:
mom: who do we obey?
david: the butt.  (referring to me - I'm not sure how or why that nick name started...)

No comments:

Post a Comment