Monday, April 4, 2011

paint and paint



So Cadie was trying to sing "follow the prophet" a few days ago and sang "Adam was a chocolate, first one that we know..." We actually went to Edmonton to visit Tami and family so we only watched bits and pieces of conference while we were up there so of course we had to do conference once we got home. We made bunny buns and last FHE we made our usual conference bingo chart thing by cutting up old ensigns. Every time the kids hear a word that is represented by a picture they pasted onto the chart, they get to put a sticker on the picture, thus crossing it out, and eat a small candy. It is a big hit in our house, they were so excited to come home and watch conference after school today! We also had a great time in Edmonton. I got drunk. Just joking, but I did get tricked into having a sip of Vodka. I don't think it counts as breaking the word of wisdom as I had asked for sprite and was unpleasantly surprised. Kids had a blast swimming and playing with grandma O's cats and many cool toys. However, the main reason for this post was what I came down to the other day - we were painting and doing other crafts around the kitchen table and Cadie asked if she could paint her toenails. Then Libby asked if she could paint a little tiny heart on her face. Both were agreed to as I ran upstairs to change a diaper. I came down honestly 2 minutes later to this:

I have also been painting our bedroom. I decided it needed to be redone and I spent many hours refinishing our dressers and painting the walls - it is finally done and I'm so happy with the results! And even more exciting news - Laser eye surgery countdown=2 more days!!

1 comment:

  1. Those girls are so funny! Libby found the perfect color to paint on a swimsuit with!

    ReplyDelete